A virtual office provides a business with traditional office services – such as phone reception, email handling and staff intranet – without the setting up of an actual physical office. It is a powerful cost and time saver, allowing business startup or expansion with minimal investment and overheads. Setting up a virtual office is easy.
The concept is revolutionary and relevant to businesses across all sectors. Virtual offices could be considered by any business that is looking to expand beyond its base.
- You don’t have to incur the costs of setting up an office in a new geographic market or where staff are located.
- The biggest benefit may be for fledgling entrepreneurs who do not yet have the financial clout to set up one or more physical offices.
What Is a Virtual Office?
A virtual office is a service that provides a business with a professional mailing address and phone number, as well as access to meeting rooms, conference facilities, and other business support services on an as-needed basis.
It is an alternative to a traditional office space, allowing businesses to operate remotely while still maintaining a professional presence.
Virtual offices are often used by small businesses, freelancers, and entrepreneurs who do not need a full-time office space. At low cost, they receive the benefits of a professional business address and access to business support services.
Virtual Office Services
Virtual office service providers, such as Regus, deliver communication and space services to clients which simulate a physical office. They also offer their clients custom plans, with a menu of services plus flexible working hours.
Among the many services available to a company through a virtual office are:
- a dedicated business phone number, voice mailbox number and corporate mailing address
- a virtual assistant or virtual receptionist who operates remotely
- secretarial services such as answering the calls of customers on behalf of the company, call forwarding, voicemail forwarding, responding to e-mails
- meeting rooms and/or conference rooms for hire, including equipment such as projectors and speakers that might be necessary for meetings with clients.
Corporate Mailing Address
Having a corporate mailing address which is a physical address offers some important benefits. You can get a prestigious-sounding address at little cost through a mail receiving service. The address helps online and service businesses because it:
- alleviates privacy concerns
- inspires more confidence in potential clients and customers than a home address
- boosts visibility and communication in general.